Miyerkules, Mayo 22, 2013

Weight of The World: "Manila as Gates of Hell"

Just these past days, I am admittedly falling inlove...


with the song "Weight of the World" by Chantal Kreviazuk Chantal Kreviazuk - Weight Of The World.

     This song is telling something I can openly relate to. I just love the song and all of it especially the lyrics. The tune moves me out of my earthly body and my soul seems to float and wander. It removes all the anxiety and negative vibes in me. I feel the relief a perfect song can give to a weary persona.

     But last night, the controversy http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/lifestyle/05/21/13/dan-brown-calls-manila-gates-hell-novel about Dan Brown's "Inferno"
raged the media, the critics and fans as well---not to mention the people of Manila
(Mayor-elect Erap---well, I am waiting for his reaction--ah! HE IS BUSY with his SUGAL ,that's why.) Of all the things mentioned in Brown's latest novel, I can't help but agree. But of course the centuries-old metropolitan city has its own positive and good points too. I stand firm with that.

traffic jams



pollution


sex trade


     Now, I am thinking, that, maybe, the weight of the world is being borne by the city. Manila has a share of everything---tall buildings, beautiful women, historical structures versus squatters, prostitutes, unfriendly-to-the-earth factories.



    She has to cleanse its worsening image and prove to the world that she is more than what Dan Brown thinks about her. She is bearing all of it.Yes but with Erap as incoming mayor, if you know what I mean... Will Manila be healed or the next time be called the "Hell on Earth".

photos from the web


update: 
May 23,2013

MMDA reacts:





Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento